I bought it for the blush… I bought this collection because of the absolutely stunning blusher. I have stocked up on Laura Geller products over the last couple of months and I certainly didn’t need to add to my collection, but i just couldn’t resist the blush.
This latest collection available from QVC is called; Life In Rose
The star of the collection is the blush. Isn’t it pretty? I could go on and on about the blush and how I love the affect and colour it adds to my cheeks, but there is more to this collection. It comes with:
- 1 x Spackle Ethereal Primer- This is an illuminating primer that gives you a rosy glow. It contains real crushed pearls and liquorice root extract. This is a great primer and is perfect for those days when you need a pick me up or to add an extra glow to the complexion.
- 1 x Balance n Brighten foundation- The only thing you need to select when ordering is your shade.
- 1 x Baked Eyeshadow Duo in Petal/Earth- These are matte eyeshadows, perfect for everyday wear.
- 1 X Baked Gelato blush in Rosy pink- This is a combination of a blush and highlighter, baked into a lovely flower. The only downside I can find is that it’s so pretty you won’t want to use it. It’s not an intense colour, so don’t let the bright pigment fool you. You can sweep it across the cheeks for a gentle, translucent wash of colour and dewy glow to the cheeks or build it up to a more intense pop of colour.
- 1 x New Liquid Lip Silk in French Kiss- This is a lovely colour and was described during the QVC show as being a liquid lipstick and after trying it myself, I think that is an accurate description. It lasts a couple of hours without needing to touch up and doesn’t fry out your lips.
- 1 x Double ended powder & shadow brush- Perfect for applying the gelato blush and eyeshadow. You can never have too many brushes.
- 1 x Incredible Waterproof Eyeliner in Brown Eyed Girl- It has a soft gel texture and comes with a built in sharpener. I struggle with eyeliner, but this is a lovely gentle colour, that glides on without any real effort or pulling along the eye. It is waterproof and it does stay put all day. It also has a subtle twinkle to it when the light catches it this helps make your pretty eyes sparkle more.
This collection will give you everything you need for an everyday makeup look or to achieve a healthy natural look. If you are wanting glitz & glam or intense colours, it’s not for you.
When I reviewed the last TSV ( click here to read) I mentioned that I would have loved to see a blush in the collection. Wasn’t I lucky this time? The only let down for me and this is me being picky, is the matte eyeshadow duo. You can’t please everyone, especially someone who loves shimmer shadows. Switch this for the duo in the last TSV and this would have been perfection.
You can still get this kit from qvcuk for £44.16 with an optional 3 easy payment instalments. At first you might think this seems a little pricey, but you really need to look at the value of the products you are getting. The foundation alone is normally £28.00 and the original sparkle (118ml) costs £26.00. Do the math and embrace this bargain.
This would make a perfect gift and one I know I would love to receive, or it would be a great intro to Laura Geller Makeup.
Do you want to try Life In Rose?